Hey there, everybody!
You’ve seen the foxfolk race that me and my friend Doctor Necrotic have come up with, but I’d like to show off the kitsune race that I and my fellow DM created for our specific worlds. Once again, let me know on the page what you think of the race. If you’ve decided to play it, even better!
Sneaky as their ancestors in the wilds, kitsunes combine the grace of their vulpine heritage with the versatility of upright humanoid races. With a knack for trickery but bound by a tight-knit honor code, kitsunes have several traits which betray their true nature.
– Ability Score Increase: +2 Dex, +1 Charisma
– Size: Medium
– Speed: 30 ft
– Languages: Common, Sylvan
– Appearance: Kitsunes have one or two features that always set them apart from humans. This always includes slit-pupil eyes, which are commonly in a honey color or a golden brown. Upon creating a kitsune, however, you choose a feature that is always there in your disguised human form. These choices are fox ears, a tail or long black nails.
These creatures are proud of their lineage and are not afraid to show the world their unique features. There are times, though, where they will have the urge to conceal these to the best of the abilities. Ears may be stuffed under a hat or a bandana and nails may be bitten down.
- Cantrip: Dancing Lights
- 3rd: Grease
- 5th: Blur
– Skills: Perception, Deception
– Low Light Vision: 60 ft
– Shapechanger: You, as a kitsune, can shift between a hybrid, feral and human appearance. Its stats regardless of form are the same. It reverts to its true form if it dies. In combat, shifting is a standard action. Out of combat, it can be used as a quick action. In feral form, your base speed is 40 feet due to your small size: you also have advantage on Stealth check.s
- Natural Attacks: In feral form, because you have no access to your chosen weapons, you have a natural bite and claw attack. These deal 1d4 plus your Dexterity modifier.
- If in hybrid form and you are wielding a single weapon, you may make a single attack with said weapon and an additional claw or bite attack