So, being in a holly jolly mood after my Christmas game, I wanted to now share some of the items I have made over my time as a DM for you to use in your own games!
I cant promise they are over or underpowered, but my players seem to enjoy them none the less just because many are unique.So, without any further interruption, let us begin!
- Ryuzo’s Lucky Charm. A kitsune-made item, you may re-roll any d20 roll once a day. At levels 10 and 14, you gain additional uses of this.
- Pack Lord Cloak. An enchanted cloak made from the pelt of a Gnoll Pack Lord, you have access to the Gnoll trait Rampage (when you reduce a monster to 0 RP with a melee attack on your turn, you can take a bonus action to move up to half of your speed and make a bite attack. With the cloak, it becomes 2d4 for the Bite attack. Requires attunement.
- Ring of Arrow Resistance. You are resistance to arrows and ranged ammunition. This does not apply to magical ammunition or spells.
Once a day, you may speak this ring’s command “swiftness of mind and body” as a bonus action and gain an additional +2 to your AC against a ranged attack both magical and non magical. You cannot use this trait until the next day, and doing so has a 50 percent chance of shattering the ring. If this occurs, the Ring is destroyed and you take 5d6 piercing damage.
Pipes of the Crow Queen (requires attunement and must be a Bard). While attuned to the pipes, crows, ravens and vultures are indifferent to you and will not attack unless you do so or harm them first.
The pipes have three charges but regain 1d3 each dawn. If you play the pipes as an action, you can use a bonus action to expend 1 of 3 charges, calling forth a swarm of ravens (See MM for stats) with each expended charge provided there are enough ravens in the area (within half a mile). If there are not, the charge is wasted.
They move through the shortest route but otherwise are not under your control. DM rolls a d4 to see in how many rounds they will arrive in.
Additionally, once per 5 days you may do a performance in the Crow Queen’s name. She will appear to you as a woman dressed in black feathers, voluptuous and with bright red lips painted with blood. She has four black wings coming from her back. While you summon her avatar, you may speak two questions to her. These cannot be in
combat and the Crow Queen is not inclined to answer truthfully.
The Faerie Flag of the Spring Court- waving it (as a full action) will summon the right-hand servant of the Spring Archfey to your side, a dryad named Fern Duskglider. The flag has three charges but they do not regain charges. Once the last use is expended, it becomes a non-magical flag. Stats for Duskglider are below:
- Armor Class: 13 (16 with Barkskin)
- HP: 65
- Speed: 30 ft
- STR: 10 (+0) DEX: 12 (+1) CON: 11 (+0) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 15 (+2) CHA: 18 (+4)
- Skills: Perception +4, Stealth +5
- Senses: Darkvision 60 ft. passive Perception 14
- Language: Elvish, Sylvan
- Magic Resistance: Dryad has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects
- Speak with Beasts and Plants: Can communicate with beasts and plants as if they shared a language.
- Tree Stride: Once on her turn, the dryad can use 10 feet of her movement to magically step into one living tree within her reach and emerge from a second living tree within 60 feet of the first, appearing in an unoccupied space within 5 feet of the second tree. Both trees must be Large or bigger.
– Club: Melee weapon attack. +2 to hit (+6 to hit with Shillelagh). Reach 5 feet. One target Hit: 1d4 bludgeoning damage or 8 (1d8+4) with Shillelagh.
- Fey charm: The dryad targets one humanoid or beast that she can see within 30 feet of her. If target can see her, it must succeed on DC 14 Wisdom saving throw or be magically charmed. The charmed creature regards the dryad as a trusted friend to be heeded and protected. Although the target isn’t under the dryads control, it takes the dryads requests or actions in the most favorable way it can.
Each time the dryad or its allies do anything harmful to the target, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effects on itself on a success. Otherwise, the effect lasts 24 hours or until the dryad dies, is on a different plane of existence or ends the effect as a bonus action. If targets saving throw is successful, the target is immune to dryads Fey Charm for the next 24 hours.
The dryad can have no more then one humanoid and up to three beasts charmed at a time.
- Innate Spellcasting: the dryads spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save 14). Can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components
At will: Druidcraft
3/day each: Cure Wounds, Entangle, Goodberry
1/day each: Barkskin, Pass without Trace, Shillelagh
Enjoy some new things to give to players!